Would you like to hang out with some Green Bay Packers?
Would you like to help a good cause by getting some exercise?
Would you like a chance to win some once-in-a-lifetime prizes?
Here’s the event for you.
Join Tom and Chelsea, a few of Tom’s close friends and other Packer fans in a JDRF walk to cure Type-1 diabetes. On May 5th, at the Brown County fairgrounds, thousands of people will walk to help raise awareness for a disease the Tom’s wife Chelsea has lived with nearly her entire life.
But what about those prizes…
Tom really wanted to try and include all the fans, supporters, and walkers on Team Crabtree throughout this process. At the end of the day it’s about awareness, and no one wanted to bombard people with repeated requests for donations. So, in true Crabtree fashion, we have settled on a list of prizes and criteria to hopefully give everyone a chance to embrace this effort.
For the Walkers (Team Crabtree):
1. The three top fundraisers (total dollars collected) will be invited to a private lunch following the walk with Tom and whomever else might tag along. As you know, Tom has friends (for real), and you just never know who might show up.
2. The person who collects the most donations (total number of unique donors) will also be invited to participate in the post walk private luncheon. To Tom, a thousand one dollar donations are just as good as one one thousand dollar donation, so effort in reaching as many people as possible should be rewarded.
3. Tom will pick ONE random walker from everyone signed up by May 1st, to also join him for the post-walk event.
For the Donors (Team Crabtree non-walkers):
1. The top donor (most money donated) will receive a signed and personalized Tom Crabtree jersey and a personal thank you from Tom and Chelsea.
2. The runner up donor (second most money donated) will receive a pair of signed Tom Crabtree shirts and a personal thank you from Tom and Chelsea.
3. The third runner up (third most money donated) will received a personalized, signed and framed picture of Tom.
For the Social Media Fans:
NOTE: Tom really wanted to come up with a good idea for people interested in spreading the word up until the walk date. It would be a shame to ignore the fans who might not be able to donate or attend the walk, but may be able to send out a Facebook message or a Tweet and spread the word a little bit. So, this is what we came up with.
1. Tom will pick two random winners from Twitter to receive a signed and personalized Crabtree t-shirt, from everyone that tweets a link to the walk’s signup page with the hashtag #WalkWithTom (ends 5/1/12 at midnight).
2. Tom will pick two random winners from Facebook to receive a signed and personalized Crabtree t-shirt, from everyone who shares a link to the walk’s signup page (make sure and link Tom’s FB page in your post to get included).
For Everyone Else
If all else failed, Tom was ready to pull out all the stops to make sure and get the word out by any means possible. If none of the above has motivated you, perhaps exclusive video, shot by Tom, after the Packers Superbowl will keep you interested?
1. When the walk has reached the half way point of our goal (2500.00) Tom will release, on his YouTube page, the first of three videos he shot after Superbowl XLV.
2. When the team has reached 75 walkers (with donations) Tom will release the second exclusive video.
3. When the donation goal has been met (5000.00) Tom will release his final video, a glimpse of the action on the team bus immediately following the Packer Superbowl video.
Got your attention yet?